Monday, January 03, 2011

Old Lang's sign...

I know a man, his name is Lang,
And he has a neon sign.
And Mister Lang is very old,
So they call it Old Lang's Sign.

-Allan Sherman 

Ahh, I couldn't resist quoting from one of the funniest songwriters ever, Allan Sherman. If you've never heard of him or heard his music you're missing something. I have a link attached to his name at the bottom of the quote, but feel free to Google him as well...

...anyway, since it is the New Year and since it's been quite a few years since the end of X-Men: Evolution, I figure Rogue has grown up to be a mature woman and this wouldn't be so creepy, so I decided to finally give so many of you XME fans what you've been dying for...



And since I played hooky form Fan Request Friday last week I thought I'd make it up by going a little overboard. While I was reading all of Edgar Rice Burroughs' books as a kid my older brother was reading the Doc Savage Bantam re-issued pulp paperbacks. I also read them off and on and enjoyed the atmosphere and the stories of the first Superman and his crew - especially Ham and Monk.



Here's a Spaceghost drawing I'd been planning for awhile and finally decided it was time to wrap it up. Not sure it succeeds as a Spaceghost pic, but I kind of like how it turned out. (for those keeping count this was another image that was deemed unacceptable by Photobucket - maybe they hate monkeys...?)



And what New Years would be complete without a little cheesecake and what better cheesecake is there (in the animation world, at least) other than Holli Would and Lonette from Cool World. I haven't drawn these 2 girls since the film was released and I no longer was getting paid. Between you and me, I always liked Lonette better.



Happy New Year everyone!!

16 comments:

KENESU said...

Looking extremely great, Mr, Gordon. I especially dig the Cool World babes.

As an artist, I'm hoping to add to my cheesecake repertoire this year.

Lisa S. said...

Love you so much for that image of Wolverine/Rogue!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, love all the comissions and I'll keep coming back. Quick note though, the Spaceghost image won't show. Something about "This image or video violated our terms of use". just a heads up.

Chicagoland remodeling said...

Thanks for the information.I apriciate each and every point of your article.Really great information .Thanks for sharing .Keep blogging.Looking forward your next updating post

Sue G. said...

Jumping on board the THANK YOU train for the Wolverine/Rogue image! It's just amazing. Of all of it, I'm oddly stuck on the little hairs on the his arm, and her earrings.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for Wolverine/Rogue. *hearts*

CricketGrl said...

Love the Wolverine & Rogue artwork!

Just like your other W/R art this one even more sexier. I HOPE the next cartoon has them together as lovers or at least in the films. These two characters have so much brilliant chemistry. It would be a shame not to see it come to fruition in some form of media.

Tiger vs lion the facts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Professional Website Design Company Bangalore said...

Great article. I wish I could write so well.

website development company said...

I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every single part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.

Anonymous said...

For best and cheap manual Seo services, Web designings. Must check Website Designing Bangalore

Ancy merina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
website design company in Bangalore said...

Hi,

Thanks for sharing a very interesting article about Old Lang's sign... This is very useful information for online blog review readers. Keep it up such a nice posting like this.

Regards,
WondersMind,
Web Design Company Bangalore

Chiến SEOCAM said...

ok....

chó Corgi

bán chó Corgi

chó Corgi giá bao nhiêu

mua chó Corgi

Maketting SEO said...

Bazı kadınlar erkeklerini ( bé 5 tuổi  học toán )takip etmeyi, bazıları da hayallerini( cách dạy toán tư duy cho trẻ ) takip etmeyi seçiyor. Hala bir seçeneğiniz( dạy trẻ học toán tư duy ) varsa, bir kariyerin uyanıp sizi artık sevmediğinizi( toán mầm non ) söyleyen bir gün asla olmayacağını unutmayın.