Tuesday, September 19, 2006

What's new...

Well, now that the is Kurt staright or Gay controversy has died down and I've actually hit a slow spot in my freelance I thought I'd update everyone as to what I've been up to.

I'm on the downhill side of the Spider-man 3 books. My son is in the process of painting them and they're looking even better than the X-Men 3 books. I'm just starting up a set of books for Shrek 3. Besides catching up on some commissions that's about it for me art-wise.

The really BIG thing I'm working on is a project where I've optioned a book from an extremely famous artist with the intent of getting it made into an animated feature.Even though I have the option I'm a little hesitant to disclose too much info on this yet - maybe it seems like I'll jinx it (?). Anyway me and a fellow producer are shopping it around to several studios right now and hopefully I'll have some real concrete news about it soon. This will be the first animated feature based on one of this author's books - though it's certainly not his first feature adaptation. I guarantee you that this particular film will span several genres and fan bases and should please anyone who is a fan of fantasy, comics, animation and of this author. Have I teased you enough?

In the meanwhile here's another convention sketch....it's of Rogue in the Savage Lands

9 comments:

Ted said...

Cool Steve keep us updated on the property.

And Sweet drawing.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, now I'm curious! I hope it goes well, and all that jazz.

Yeesh. I was honestly just curious. If I had known people were going to blow it so out of proportion, I wouldn't have asked. Sorry, again, for all that.

I just recently received my Rogue poser and the Expressions and Attitudes book. I love them both! Thank you so much for making them available.

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve.I'm a big fan of yours.Like most people,I came to know about you through your work in X-Men:Evolution.Anything new on X-Men:Evolution?please inform me.Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's friggin' sexy.

Brandon said...

Love it. Somewhere between San Diego and Utah I lost your sketchbook. I'll have to pick me up another.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new project.
Hope it all goes well!
(Now I'm very curious as
to who the author is as well
as well as what book it is.)

With so much confidence that you
have in it to become popular, I can't wait to see it
all unfold before my eyes.

That's a nice Rogue sketch,too.
Can't wait to see more of your
convention sketches.

BLABLABLA STUDIOS said...

Hi Steven,

Sounds like you're a busy guy :-)
Would love to see some art from
the books you're working on.

Good luck with the project and
keep us posted!

Cheers

Hennie

ArtemisiaDark said...

Wow, it's the very firt time I see a Savage Land Rogue that doesn't look like a slutty sex object. And you still manage to make her look sexy. Good job ! :) Your sketches are amazing.

Unknown said...

Thanks!