Monday, July 19, 2010

Just a Minute...

Once again I'm running late, but this time I actually have  a good excuse. My wife and I spent a wonderful weekend in Portland, Oregon with my son and his partner. We've never been up that way before, but I'm sure it won't be the last time.

For this week's Fan Request Friday someone suggested the Silk Spectre (not the first time she's been suggested either) and it occurred to me that I've never drawn any of the Watchmen  characters. I'm not sure which Silk Spectre they meant, but I decided to opt for the original Silk Spectre - Sally Jupiter. I thought that Carla Gugino was the perfect actress to play her in the film and would've loved it if there had been more of her in it  - yeah, I know she was barely in the comic, but I much preferred the era of the Minutemen then the later group of heroes.

I'm going to SDCC later this week, though I'm not exactly sure what day, but if you happen to see me wandering around, struggling through the crowds, say "hi".




 

2 comments:

Steve LeCouilliard said...

I was wondering if you were headed to Comic-Con. I'll definitely say hello if I see you. I'll be walking around in my "Much the Miller's Son" T-shirt, so please stop me if you see me as well!

Unknown said...

I'm going, but just haven't decided which day yet. I'll keep my eyes out for you though and say 'hi' if I see you.