Monday, December 06, 2010

All aglow...

Talk about running late, eh? A freelance job that I was wrapping up over the weekend took longer to finish than I expected (don't they all?) and so I didn't get to this till late yesterday.
Here is Tron and Yuri. Ever since seeing some of the trailers and teasers for the new film, Tron Legacy, and the teaser for the new TV series by Disney TV (best looking thing I've ever seen done for TV in animation!) I've been interested in doing something like this and when it was requested I seized the opportunity.
The subject demanded a little more color than I've done previously for these particular pieces.  As I'm sure the Tron fans and experts will agree I kind of faked the actual light patters, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.



Quite a bit is happening in my professional life (especially in regards to freelance work). I just finished (as previously mentioned) an IronMan Adventures book for Random House (in 3D!) and I'm working on another Superman book as well as another Batman book for HarperCollins Kids - use this link to navigate to Amazon if you're interested in buying any of them and then do a search for my name. I'm also working on some Green Lantern books (based on the upcoming movie) for GrossettDunlap. Pretty odd how in my dayjob I've been the Marvel animation guy (hardly ever working on any WB shows) and in my freelance life I've become a DC guy.

Speaking of my day job, I'm wrapping up the gig on The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 2 (which won't be on TV for about a year) in about a month and a half and I'm starting to look around for the next one. I'll let you know where I end up as soon as I know..

No comments: