Sunday, April 11, 2010

Frack it...

There were a lot of good suggestions for this week's Friday request, but I chose Starbuck and Boomer (from Battlestar Galactica) . I usually don't do that type of thing - a drawing based on characters from a TV show), butI figured I might as well try expanding my horizons a little, eh?
I think it came out decently -  though I wish I'd gotten a better likeness on Starbuck, but I think Boomer came out okay though. What's funny is I struggled longer on Boomer and it wasn't until I was almost done that I realized Starbuck was only meh. Unfortunately I had too much else to do to keep messing with it, but maybe sometime in the future I will revisit it.


Next week I'll also try and remember to post here as well for suggestions so all of you who don't tweet or use FB can join in.

Anyway, I started a new gig last Monday. I'm directing again at FilmRoman (it's now called now Starz/ FilmRoman, I think, or maybe it's FilmRoman/Starz) on a Marvel project - The Avengers. I haven't worked in-house for almost 2 years so it's taking a little adjusting and I'm also working for the first time on a Cintiq. I've worked on a Wacom pad for years and have actually gotten to the point where I can draw directly on it (to some dgree), but this is the first time I've actually used a Cintiq. It took me about half a day to get used to it and now I can honestly say I've grown to love it and I'm looking forward to the day when I can save a little extra scratch so I can get one for home.

3 comments:

Blaze Rocket said...

I think you nailed their likenesses just fine. You have such a great way of drawing strong women. You also have such a way of drawing damsels in distress, and everything in between, but truly- I really do like your bad-ass ladies. I can hold them up to people and go "See? Girls can be hot as hell AND kick your ass."


I admit I'd never heard of a Cintiq, but they looked pretty cool when I googled it. The price tag's a little staggering though! I guess you gotta pay for nice things...

Is The Avengers going to be a movie or a TV show?

Unknown said...

Thanks Blaze for all the comps. You're definitely in the majority of fans when it comes to strong women.
Avengers will be a TV series...I forgot to add a link. That's now corrected so just click above...

kchuu said...

Wow!! Looks like a great series, I can't wait! The Avengers have been long overdue for a TV show, and I'm glad you're working on it!!

It looks like a good lineup was chosen (I'm glad Wasp is in it! And it looks like Ant Man, too!!) My favorite incarnation was the one with Pietro and Wanda... any idea if they're going to be making a cameo at any time? Either way, this is exciting!