Sunday, September 12, 2010

Darkness on the edge of the weekend...

With no serious deadlines pending (just wait till next week - oi vey) I spent a little more time than usual relaxing. In fact, I actually went to a movie. Not a very good one (Going the Distance), but, still, we went to a movie and that's something we don't do too often...

Anyway, this week I was doing a lot of reminiscing about my years on the Black Cauldron (since it's about to be re-released on DVD) and when someone suggested Darkness from Legend those horns were just too hard to resist.



There were several others that I started, but ran out of time on (I'm talking about you TinMan and Pietro) that I'll hopefully get to finish later, but I did decide to tackle my first ever Star Wars themed drawing. You'd think that after all these years I would've drawn even a Luke or a slave bikini Leia, but you'd be wrong.
So here is a female Tie fighter - not exactly canon (since she's female), but the uniform is pretty canon - I think....





And a special request GeekGirlDiva. She'll know what it means and maybe some of her friends will also...


I'm also planning a very special post that details (somewhat) how I create my DC heroes illustrations for HarperCollins so until then good-bye and L'shana Tovah to all the MOT!

No comments: