Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ultimate plate spinning...

This month is turning out to be very busy for me. When it rains it pours, but I'm not complaining. There have been times (2009, yeah, I'm talking to you) when work was pretty thin so I usually take any work that's offered unless their many deadlines overlap too much. It's just a matter of keeping all those plates spinning. I go from one project to the next doing a little work on each to make sure they all move along and when their respective due dates come near I hit that particular project a little harder and longer. Unfortunately several of those deadlines are starting to come up very near one another so the plate spinning has gotten a little more extreme than usual.
All of this is explanation for why last week's Fan Request Friday's drawings are just now being posted. I know I don't need to apologize and I appreciate everyone letting me know this, but still the guilt remains. Must be a Jewish thing.

So this week I only tackled two drawings (and a third which I'll reveal sometime later that was a commission).
The first is the Lone Ranger and his friend Tonto. With the premiere of the Green Hornet  movie coming up soon it seemed like a good choice. If you're not sure what I'm talking about then it's time to go to Google and do a little research. I decided to try a little more of a realistic take on these two instead of the typical singing cowboy look that is the standard. Not sure it works, but it's close to what I had in mind.



The second is a character I am only barely familiar with but I was looking for something that I could do quickly and and was a a little on the cheesecake side of things. Keeps it interesting for me - and I hope for you too. So here is Namora. After I scanned the drawing I realized that I had forgot to add any water effects, but I was already onto the next set of plates that needed spinning so you'll just have to imagine that she's swimming.



I'll be curious to see if either these get removed by Photobucket and I'm also curious who is complaining about the drawings that do get removed...

2 comments:

JRtist said...

I noticed awhile back, that people at photobucket will go through accounts and delete content they deem 'violation of TOS' What I don't get is why are your pieces getting deleted? You haven't done anything wrong!

That aside... I LOVE the Lone Ranger piece! I was a HUGE fan of the Lone Ranger as a kid. I even watched the movie "The Legend of the Lone Ranger" which is still a fave for me. Thanks for bringing that back to the forefront of my mind, Boss!

Jen said...

I love your Namora so much! Thank you for finally giving in to my pestering. ;) The movement, the hair, the pose are fantastic.