Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Listen to me...

...if you can. I'm finally getting used to the sound of my own voice (sort of) so I'll probably listen and cross my fingers that I don't embarrass myself. It was conducted by a couple of nice guys over at the Savannah College of Art and Design.

Just go to: http://seqalab.com/ and take a listen and then take a listen to some of the other podcasts there. (I also understand you can get these via iTunes as well)

This is how they describe what they're doing:

The SEQALAB podcast is a production of the students, faculty, and alumni of the sequential art department at the Savannah College of Art and Design. This twice-weekly podcast is for comics enthusiasts and hopeful creators who want to learn about comics and their production, gain industry insights, and celebrate the significance of the medium. Through education, practice, and expert instruction it is the goal of SEQALAB to aid listeners in becoming successful self-publishers or industry freelancers

Sounds pretty good to me and I'm flattered they consider me worth talking to.

And as a special bonus (special?) I came across some old art that I drew when I was just an innocent 15 year old Burroughs fan. Should be good for a few laughs, eh? AND to prove we all have to start somewhere.



3 comments:

COMIKXGUY said...

nice old school stuff steven

had alot of talent even then :)

i dig those hands

COMIKXGUY said...

oh yeah and i'm listening too :)

i'll that podcast out too

Blaze Rocket said...

I REALLY enjoyed listening to that, especially when you talked about what's good to go into a portfolio. I think it's great how... accessible you are, if that makes sense. You've done so much for the industry, but you still make time to talk to folks and... it's just great. It really is.