Sunday, June 25, 2006

Heroes Con

I wanted to let anyone living in or visiting the Charlotte, NC area know that my good friend Francesco Francavilla (the artist of The Black Coat and other comics - as well as the master of my web-site and the designer of my sketcbook) will be at the Hero Con June 30 to July 2 - Friday to Sunday of next week selling his sketchbooks - and he'll also have a few of my sketchbooks to sell as well.
Here’s a link: http://www.heroesonline.com/con-indie.htm and here's a link to Francesco's web-site: http://www.francescofrancavilla.com/ . It's well worth a look and you might just become a fan of his.
This is a drawing I did awhile ago of The Black Coat. These are really fun comics - they're a kind of a cross between the Scarecrow of Romney Marsh and Batman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Scarecrow...wow, there was a character. Was v. fond of him, especially since I grew up just down the road from Dymchurch in West Sussex , England where he was supposed to have been the vicar...

I love the sense of *action* in the picture. Nice one.